The Vaavud Sleipnir is designed to capture wind speed and direction using two curved blades. Meanwhile, The internal optic sensor records 44,100 measurements per second allowing for extreme accuracy.
Turn your phone into a high-tech meteorological tool with the Vaavud app and the Vaavud wind meter.
No more looking-at-the-trees-and-waves guesswork. Make a precise measurement of the wind no matter where you are and what you are up to.
If you are into sailing, windsurfing, kite surfing, kite boarding, land yachting, balloon flying, paragliding, hunting, kite flying, kayaking, drone flying, hiking, golf, biking, etc., etc. – Or if you are just plain curious about the weather around you – then Vaavud is for you!
The app requires the Vaavud wind meter for smartphones, which can be bought on Vaavud.com. The Vaavud wind meter is a patent pending, electronicless cup anemometer, which utilizes the sensors in your phone, and an advanced set of algorithms to measure the exact wind speed.
Current features include:
• Current, average, maximum wind speed and wind direction ( only with Sleipnir device).
• Graph with current and average wind speed
• Ability to scroll and zoom on the graph
• Ability to choose unit (m/s, knots, mph, km/h, bft)
• Wind range: 1- 40 m/s
• Resolution: 0.1 m/s
• Accuracy: +/- 4% or +/- 0.25 m/s
• Live map of wind measurements
• Measurement history
0.00 (0%) 0 votes